Company > Job Opportunities > Senior Web Developer
Senior Web Developer
New York, NY
The Senior Web Developer is a leading member of the team that develops and maintains the web site.The Senior Web Developer will be responsible for both server-side and client-side coding, with emphasis on the server-side technology that manages the marketing operations and the web catalog, and creates and routes orders to back-end systems. At least 7 years programming experience is required, of which at least 3 should be on web development. Experience with Demandware is a plus, though not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop and maintain new and existing web components for shopping, marketing, and editorial content.
- Assist in website operations. Test and deploy changes into various development, testing and production environments.
- Help to manage internal and external interfaces to support the web business. Oversee day to day data updates and feeds. These include inventory, catalog feeds, product and Google marketing feeds, RSS, site integrations.
- Partner with the IT team to interface the storefront website with back-end operations and technology.
- Work with various teams as to create internal tools for other departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong skills in a general purpose programming language such as C, C++, Java, C#, Visual Basic, ruby, or the like are required. Strong familiarity with principles of relational databases.
- Experience accessing APIs of external systems, such as those operated by vendors, built in XML.
- Experience with back-end development including consuming XML feeds, data transfer protocols like SFTP and WEBDav and SOAP and RESTful web service consumption.
- Experience with Demandware or other e-commerce platform and content management system is a plus.
- Familiarity with e-commerce concepts and challenges.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree.
- Seven years programming experience, including at least three years working in website technology.